VP of Construction
Deluxe Modular is establishing a new standard for the way the world builds and are currently accepting applications for an VP of Construction to work in either our Berwick, PA office or New York, NY office. The VP of Construction will report to the Chief Operations Officer, and be an important member of Deluxe Modular’s management team with responsibility for and lead turnkey design- build commercial construction teams, contractors, architects/engineers to execute projects according to schedules and budgets, from start to finish.
- Full P&L, Budget, Schedule and Reporting responsibility for all active turnkey, design-build construction projects throughout the United States
- Develop/report all customary-related division and project specific KPI’s and reports
- Manage/hire full time employees responsible for all aspects of the project, from start to finish, i.e. project management, administration, site safety and security, etc.
- Responsible for all project administration
- In collaboration with the legal and supply chain departments, initiate all contract agreements with sub- contractors and material providers
- Work with design and engineering teams throughout preconstruction through project completion to perform risk analysis and ensure project buildability, on time and on budget
- Lead/direct all customer facing meetings and interactions
- Lead all project submittals/permits
- Prepare and present to the senior executive team regularly
- 10+ years of direct, extensive experience leading new construction, turnkey projects over $25M and above 5 stories in major metropolitan markets
- Leadership experience with a top 25 general contractor/construction management in the United States
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to lead cross-functional teams through direct and indirect (influence), excellent interpersonal skills; calm under pressure, able to de-escalate and effectively manage escalations at all levels of the company
- Solid leadership experience with all aspects of turnkey construction including; pre-construction; supply chain/procurement, customer experience excellence, site work, close out, punch through project completion
- Strong ability to manage through ambiguity
- Strategic thinker able to accept, establish, complete aggressive objectives and
Please note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Who you are:
- A confident, results-driven, and communicative leader with the ability to constructively give and receive feedback at all levels
- A working executive that is NOT a problem solver. Rather an experienced professional who can anticipates and successfully addresses problems before they start
- A high capacity contributor with an ability to build an agile structure that supports growth
- Has the capacity and willingness to dig into the details to deliver results
- Is transparent and unafraid of giving the team essential input and feedback
- A strategic leader with capability to manage and lead a multi-year strategic plan
- An innovative leader who dares to challenge and drive change
- A role model for values driven leadership who understands the value of collegiality and respect for the entire team, at all levels
Deluxe Modular has a mission to re-think construction by introducing new building technologies, materials, construction processes and design. All while reducing completion time of construction projects in half as compared to conventional on-site construction.
We need talented, professional individuals to help us reach our goals. If you want to join a team of superstars on a mission to change the world – and if you know that you have what it takes to get the job done – then we welcome you to apply with your resume and a letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – as well as a once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up every day knowing that you are an important and appreciated part of a passionate team of professionals.
Deluxe Modular is an equal opportunity employer.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in applicable field, from an accredited University; MS a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk
- Must be able to lift to 10 pounds at time
- Competitive Base Salary
- Project Bonus Plan
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off