Deluxe Modular is currently accepting applications for an HR Director to work as an integral part of our Operations Team in Berwick, PA. The Human Resource Director will be responsible for the overall functions of the Human Resource Department including interviewing and hiring staff, direct onboarding/offboarding activities of employees, oversight of benefits, employee retention, compliance, training, and development and enforcement of company policies and practices. The successful candidate needs to be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial start up environment and take initiative to evaluate existing policies and procedures and/or develop those that don’t exist.
- In partnership with senior management, identify organizational Human Resources needs, present recommendations and implement outcomes
- Promote Deluxe culture – manage and monitor Deluxe culture and develop and deliver initiatives that align culture with values
- Support continued development and maintenance of the company “coaching culture” including the directing of the company catalytic coaching program to ensure it is effective and efficient for both operational and administrative functions
- Manage the following functions: Human Resources, Office Administration, and some Safety & Health compliance
- Manage the Deluxe recruiting process and efforts to attract the industry’s best and brightest candidates; assess needs, oversee related processes, prepare documents, and integrate staff.
- Provide guidance to senior management on HR related matters
- Coordinate leadership training from assessment through evaluation
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Direct the management of employee benefit programs including plan design, renewals, open enrollment process, general communication, compliance, and related documentation and inquiries
- Develop and manage compensation planning and a pay for performance structure. Participate in and gather wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rates and benefits
- Manage and support relations efforts within the organization for all employee groups
- Review and recommend policy changes, write policy and procedure updates as required (including a new employee handbook)
- Contract with outside suppliers to provide employee services as required
- Develop and implement effective employee engagement, recognition, and retention programs
- Oversee onboarding plans and processes
- Provide management with employment reports and KPIs to facilitate organizational strategic planning
- Maintain a current knowledge of employment laws and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines. Ensure policies, procedures, and reporting meet best of class standards
- Recruit and select, conduct performance coaching, career development & make compensation and employment termination decisions with the leadership team
- Participate as a proactive, contributing member of management team
- Performs other duties as assigned
Please note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Complete understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
- Familiarity with Construction and/or Manufacturing industries and HR integration preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- HRIS understanding, familiarity, and navigation, “CoAdvantage” system a plus
Deluxe Modular has a mission to re-think construction by introducing new building technologies, materials, construction processes and design. All while reducing completion time of construction projects in half as compared to conventional on-site construction.
We need talented, professional individuals to help us reach our goals. If you want to join a team of superstars on a mission to change the world – and if you know that you have what it takes to get the job done – then we welcome you to apply with your resume and a letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – as well as a once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up every day knowing that you are an important and appreciated part of a passionate team of professionals.
Deluxe Modular is an equal opportunity employer.
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume, cover letter and include links to your portfolio or other social presence. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Deluxe is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years related HR leadership experience required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk
- Must be able to lift to 10 pounds at time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time