The Electrician production employee is responsible for a wide variety of activities including new construction wiring, installing electric equipment, panels, and devices, replacement of faulty wiring, troubleshooting electrical problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work in a team.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures.
- Bends and installs conduits and pipes for electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to safely handle tools and materials commonly found in the construction industry.
Please note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with an engaging personality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Math aptitude and construction knowledge.
- Strong focus on safety and importance of personal protective equipment.
- Punctual and dependable regarding attendance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
WORK ENVIRONMENT This job is generally performed indoors, but some outside work all elements may be required. Occasionally work in cramped spaces. May require long periods of standing and kneeling. May be exposed to dirt, dust, debris, or fumes. May be subject to noisy machinery. May need to travel to job site on occasions (+- weeks at a time)
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to work in heights fourteen (14) feet on top of units/mods.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
POSITION TYPE/HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Overtime on weekends and extension of shift times will be required. Work outside of this schedule may be required as business needs dictate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.