UI UX Designer
Deluxe Modular is going to revolutionize how America builds buildings. If you are a creative individual who thrives in a fast paced environment and wants to build the future, we invite you to apply.
We’re looking for an ambitious and multidisciplinary UI/UX Designer who is interested in designing a new Business to Consumer product’s user interface from the ground up. You will be the voice of the user in a team of designers, developers, analysts and content creators to conceptualize, design, test and implement ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex problems. You will start with personas and storyboards, moving onto low fidelity mockups and culminating in a production ready platform for deployment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Rapid Prototyping: You will lead all rapid prototyping activities. Your prototypes will be put in front of potential customers, and feedback will be collected and made available to you. This feedback will then inform the subsequent round of prototyping.
- User Research: We consider user research, testing and feedback to be key to good design, and you will be crucial to achieving this. You will create user stories, conduct surveys and interviews, assemble customer journey maps and affinity diagrams to understand our user. At each stage of the design process, you will determine effective research techniques. You will interpret data and qualitative feedback to validate our hypotheses about what makes for a compelling product.
- Design Guidelines: You will establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards across our platforms.
- Q&A Testing: You will lead all UI and Frontend related components of Quality and Assurance testing for our platforms. This will include Usability Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Interface testing and Browser Compatibility Testing.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience leading a team to design web based platforms -- from conception to deployment -- is critical. A strong portfolio demonstrating relevant experience is highly encouraged.
- Strong background in user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Fluency with standard UI/UX software tools such as Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InVision, Visio, Balsamiq, Framer, etc.
- Basic understanding of SEO principles and how to adhere to them.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design/Web Design or equivalent
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Generous Paid Leave Program
- Positive Work/Life Balance
- Opportunity for Advancement
We are a company on a mission – to re-think construction by introducing new building materials, construction processes, net-zero energy efficiency, world-class design, BIM and an unprecedented array of customizable options. All while cutting completion time in half and saving our customers a lot of money compared to conventional on-site construction. If you want to join a team of superstars on a mission to change the world – and if you know that you have what it takes to get the job done – then we welcome you to apply with your resume and a letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting job. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – as well as a once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up every day knowing that you are an important and appreciated part of a passionate team of professionals on a mission to change the world.
Note: Deluxe Building Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.