Deluxe Modular is currently accepting applications for an Strategic Sourcing Specialist to work as an integral part of our Procurement Team in Berwick, PA. The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, and securing the company’s product library of building products globally. In addition, the individual will be responsible for all phases of sourcing that require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company objectives.
- Benchmark the industry to monitor technology trends and ensure best practices
- Identify and leverage new suppliers/technologies to establish competitive advantage for the company
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers.
- Coordinate with internal departments and suppliers to identify effective business requirements and develop new business pipeline
- Negotiate various agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional
stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions
- Produce and develop required reports on a regular basis to track and monitor various areas of supplier performance along with PO tracking data.
- Create and execute Global Strategic Sourcing plan
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (trade shows, supplier meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Maximize financial strength through effective purchasing, and Just In Time Delivery and Supplier zero-defect quality.
- Assist in training and development of the internal teams to ensure they have the necessary skills for all sourcing initiatives, to include requisitioning, vendor creation, and other procurement processes.
Please note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be experienced in the purchasing of materials used in the construction of buildings including but not limited to steel, various sheathing products, various interior and exterior wall coverings, insulation products, electrical products, and plumbing products.
- Experience in modular building industry a plus
- Experience with strategic sourcing, procurement best practices, supplier management best practices is required
- Strong international sourcing experience with a focus on building materials, both standard and customized
- Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and Contracts
- Must be Knowledgeable in importation of goods to the US, customs, duties, tariffs, anti-dumping, and product certification requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders with proper guidance of a team manager
- Takes initiative and displays a sense of urgency – is highly responsive to business needs and unexpected situations that emerge
- Due to the global nature of the company, a flexible approach to working hours is required
- Minimal domestic US travel and travel to China may be required.
Deluxe Modular has a mission to re-think construction by introducing new building technologies, materials, construction processes and design. All while reducing completion time of construction projects in half as compared to conventional on-site construction.
We need talented, professional individuals to help us reach our goals. If you want to join a team of superstars on a mission to change the world – and if you know that you have what it takes to get the job done – then we welcome you to apply with your resume and a letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – as well as a once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up every day knowing that you are an important and appreciated part of a passionate team of professionals.
Deluxe Modular is an equal opportunity employer.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 3+ year’s relevant operations/supply chain experience
- 5+ years of experience in procurement/sourcing of building materials from, and managing suppliers with factories in China and Asia
- ERP system experience required, SAP preferred, BIM knowledge a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk
- Must be able to lift to 10 pounds at time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
During Covid pandemic, remote until further notice.