Deluxe Modular is revolutionizing the way America builds buildings.
If you are a creative and innovative individual, who's looking for a meaningful and exciting career with a team of highly talented, dedicated professionals, we invite you to apply.
Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Positive Work/Life Balance
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Additional, comprehensive benefits packages
We are looking for a highly motivated Procurement Manager responsible for all aspects of providing timely execution of company purchase orders. You will be required to have a working knowledge in purchasing construction materials, the equipment, components, assemblies and services to support our modular building manufacturing facility's production plan by purchasing the highest quality at the lowest possible total procurement cost.
You must have working knowledge of ITAR/EAR export compliance, have solid experience in sourcing and ordering construction materials, the equipment, components, assemblies and services with full traceability and fully capable in providing well rounded supply chain management.
You will work collaboratively with our outstanding team of dedicated creative teammates, including architects, fabricators, contractors, and other engineers, in the development of new company standards.
- Will be responsible for: sourcing, placing purchase order, managing and maintaining purchase orders, managing quality issues, improving inventory turn rate, and reducing excess inventory, for the assigned commodity areas.
- Technical buyer with ability to read, analyze and understand construction blueprints and technical specifications, procedures, and process descriptions.
- Obtain and analyze supplier quotations and place purchase orders at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements and urgency of need.
- Investigate and source alternate, equivalent materials and sources of supply from domestic and international suppliers, including from China.
- Manage supplier programs through the use of established goals and time frames regarding: cost reduction, quality improvement, supplier certification, lead time/inventory reduction and delivery performance.
- Practice preventative problem solving. Have the cognizance of market trends and changing supplier position regarding strength and weakness, with the ability to analyze the same.
- Communicate professionally in both oral and written format to internal and external contacts. Prepares reports and correspondence in a clear, precise and grammatically correct manner.
- Expedite the supply base in a proactive manner to provide proper linkage of required and promised delivery dates. Update the system and communicate required delivery information to involved parties.
- Source and select suppliers. Follow through with the order process including review of supplier acknowledgements, and invoice discrepancies. Issue purchase order change notices as required and review requisitions for proper signature authorization prior to order placement.
- (5)+ years of experience in a purchasing role, with a preference for the purchasing of building materials and steel, including international procurement experience.
- A thorough knowledge of purchasing best practices.Requires experience in international procurement and shipping, including associated laws, rules, and regulations.
- Experience in assessing the potential, or actual impact of tariffs, either proposed or implemented.
- A deep understanding of computer-based purchasing systems, with a preference for hands-on experience with developing and maintaining databases.
- Extremely strong computer, analytical, negotiating and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, being good with paperwork and the ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure to meet deadlines.
- The ability to manage a centralized purchasing function, produce documentation and administer the process.
- The ability to work with architect’s drawings or blueprints and an understanding of mathematics, including algebra and geometry.
- A strong code of personal ethics and good leadership skills, who interacts well with all levels of authority within the company, vendors, subcontractors and customers.
- Experience with Steel Volumetric Modular Construction
- Familiarity with building materials and construction methods, including requirements for different types of construction alternatives.
We are a company on a mission – to re-think construction by introducing new building materials, construction processes, net-zero energy efficiency, world-class design, BIM and an unprecedented array of customizable options. All while cutting completion time in half and saving our customers a lot of money compared to conventional on-site construction.
If you want to join a team of superstars on a mission to change the world – and if you know that you have what it takes to get the job done – then we welcome you to apply with your resume and a letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting job.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – as well as a once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up every day knowing that you are an important and appreciated part of a passionate team of professionals on a mission to change the world!
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer. You will be drug tested as a part of the application process.