Deluxe Modular is currently accepting applications for an International Buyer to work as an integral part of our Procurement Team in Berwick, PA. Qualified applicants must have the ability to communicate professionally and effectively, with low cost country sources, and work well in a team environment for project collaboration in the modular building industry.
- Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
- Authorize and issue all purchase orders and ensure compliance company policy and procedure.
- Monitor all purchase orders and maintain effective relationship with suppliers and sourcing team.
- Develop and maintain relationship with new suppliers and manage items information, and update purchasing data in company’s systems.
- Supervise all products and monitor for transport damage and return goods.
- Perform troubleshoot on all invoice and price issues along with delivery related problems in an efficient and timely manner
- Evaluate performance of all carriers, suppliers and goods delivery and make recommendations to improve processes for the buying process.
- Maintain effective customer services and ensure timely delivery and maintain track of product progress and development.
- Monitor potential stock out caused by delivery delay etc. and take necessary actions to ensure availability of product.
- Manage supplier relations and production delivery and maintain effective system monitor all product deliveries for suppliers.
- Prepare and evaluate all bids, contacts and vendor agreements and ensure accuracy and price for same.
- Administer and monitor all alternate sources for rejected, late and backordered items.
- Manage all communication and negotiate with suppliers on price and delivery terms to reduce inventory levels and cost.
- Monitor all returns to vendors and coordinate with accounting departments and warehouses.
- Coordinate with internal departments and suppliers to identify effective business requirements and develop new business pipeline
- Prepare and manage offers from beginning to end and prepare supplier contracts and delivery schedule.
- Collaborate with department managers to clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine specifications for future purchase orders
- May require international travel
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, or related field preferred.
- Well organized, self-reliant and motivated
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with enterprise resource planning, material management systems, and implementations is a plus.
- Previous buying experience in manufacturing strongly preferred, or ability to demonstrate comparable knowledge and skills as related to manufacturing
Deluxe Modular has a mission to re-think construction by introducing new building technologies, materials, construction processes and design. All while reducing completion time of construction projects in half as compared to conventional on-site construction.
We need talented, professional individuals to help us reach our goals. If you want to join a team of superstars on a mission to change the world – and if you know that you have what it takes to get the job done – then we welcome you to apply with your resume and a letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – as well as a once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up every day knowing that you are an important and appreciated part of a passionate team of professionals.
Deluxe Modular is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off