Deluxe Modular is currently accepting applications for a Buyer to work as an integral part of our Procurement Team in Berwick, PA. Qualified applicants must have the ability to communicate professionally and effectively and work well in a team environment for project collaboration in the modular building industry.
- Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
- Authorize and issue all purchase orders and ensure compliance company policy and procedure.
- Monitor all purchase orders and maintain effective relationship with suppliers and sourcing team.
- Develop and maintain relationship with new suppliers and manage items information, and update purchasing data in company’s systems.
- Supervise all products and monitor for transport damage and return goods.
- Perform troubleshoot on all invoice and price issues along with delivery related problems in an efficient and timely manner
- Evaluate performance of all carriers, suppliers and goods delivery and make recommendations to improve processes for the buying process.
- Maintain effective customer services and ensure timely delivery and maintain track of product progress and development.
- Monitor potential stock out caused by delivery delay etc. and take necessary actions to ensure availability of product.
- Manage supplier relations and production delivery and maintain effective system monitor all product deliveries for suppliers.
- Prepare and evaluate all bids, contacts and vendor agreements and ensure accuracy and price for same.
- Administer and monitor all alternate sources for rejected, late and backordered items.
- Manage all communication and negotiate with suppliers on price and delivery terms to reduce inventory levels and cost.
- Monitor all returns to vendors and coordinate with accounting departments and warehouses.
- Coordinate with internal departments and suppliers to identify effective business requirements and develop new business pipeline
- Prepare and manage offers from beginning to end and prepare supplier contracts and delivery schedule.
- Collaborate with department managers to clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine specifications for future purchase orders
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, or related field preferred.
- Well organized, self-reliant and motivated
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, or related field
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with enterprise resource planning, material management systems, and implementations is a plus.
- Previous buying experience in manufacturing strongly preferred, or ability to demonstrate comparable knowledge and skills as related to manufacturing
Deluxe Modular has a mission to re-think construction by introducing new building technologies, materials, construction processes and design. All while reducing completion time of construction projects in half as compared to conventional on-site construction.
We need talented, professional individuals to help us reach our goals. If you want to join a team of superstars on a mission to change the world – and if you know that you have what it takes to get the job done – then we welcome you to apply with your resume and a letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – as well as a once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up every day knowing that you are an important and appreciated part of a passionate team of professionals.
Deluxe Modular is an equal opportunity employer.